Friday, July 1, 2011

Knitting circle

Today I joined my very first knitting circle. It was fun and inspiring knitting with talented and creative expert knitters. And my new friends were eager to help me out with my knitting disaster, insisting that my work was a design feature and not the over-ambitious project that it was.

Design feature. I love it. I can see myself using these two words constantly to justify my projects.

You see, the beginner scarf patterns are a bit boring for my liking. I want to make lace knitted scarfs and shawls and elaborate tea cosies with embellishments... if only I could understand the pattern charts and knew the stitch moves and had more needles and yarn and know how...

But today in knitting circle, I was filled with new hope and new tricks; thinking that surely I’m not far away from knitting all I desire.