Monday, March 21, 2011

A very hubby birthday

I love the gift of time - the idea of sharing an experience with someone in lieu of giving some tolken gift for the sake of it.

In an era where we are all so time poor, spending time seems like the ultimate indulgence. So when Mr Couture's birthday rolled around, I spent much time considering what might be a great birthday present. It was agony. I didn't know how I was going to live up to last year's ultimate present (a week at the Gold Coast and a QLD State of Origin 40 years anniversary jersey) and was cursing myself for present peaking too early.

Then it came to me. Time. We spent the birthday indulging in a long, leisurely and delicious lunch, and enjoying a very, very good bottle of scotch whiskey.

Both were divine. Happy birthday darling ...